What You Should Know About The Flu
- sore throat
- runny or stuffy nose
- body aches
- sometimes diarrhea and vomiting
"Anyone – even young healthy adults – can get sick from flu & spread it to others. #GetAFluVax to protect you & loved ones." – @CDCFlu
Flu and other viral infections have increased in recent days.
Symptoms of flu can include:
Here are 5 Steps to Take if You Get the Flu:
- Stay at home and rest – most people with the flu have mild illness and do not need medical care or antiviral drugs.
- Avoid close contact with well people in your house so you won't make them sick – hand washing helps prevent the spread of flu.
- Drink plenty of water and other clear liquids to prevent fluid loss (dehydration).
- Treat fever and cough with medicines you can buy at the store.
- If you get very sick, are pregnant, or are 65 years or older, or are otherwise at high risk of flu-related complications, call your doctor.
You should contact your doctor if you see the following:
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Pain or pressure in the chest or abdomen
- Sudden dizziness
- Severe or persistent vomiting
- Flu-like symptoms that improve but then return with fever and worse cough
- Fast breathing or trouble breathing
- Bluish skin color
- Not drinking enough fluids
- Not waking up or not interacting
- Being so irritable that the child does not want to be held
- Flu-like symptoms improve but then return with fever and worse cough
- Fever with a rash
In addition to the signs mentioned for children, get medical help right away for any infant who has any of these signs:
- Being unable to eat
- Has trouble breathing
- Has no tears when crying
- Significantly fewer wet diapers than normal
Immunizations Save Millions of U.S. Children from Hospitalizations and Death. Learn more here, or watch the video below.
Other Related Info
We are proud to be the only bariatric program in the state of New Mexico offering three methods of bariatric (weight-loss) surgery to serve your individual needs. Click here to find out more.
From basic skincare to surgical enhancement, we help you become as beautiful as you've always imagined.
DaVita Medical Group is making the news! Click below to find out more about DaVita Medical Group in the news and other information...
Click here for list of upcoming Diabetes Self-Management classes.
Doctors Optical at DaVita Medical Group is here to assist you with your eyeglass orders. From single vision to progressive lenses, we are able to meet the needs of your specific prescription for everyday...
DaVita Medical Group Ophthalmology Optometry Department offers Board Certified, highly specialized physicians diagnosing and treating some of the most complex eye disorders. Our experienced team provides...